Saturday, February 27, 2010

Nat Breaks her wrist... Sat Feb 27


Nat's all excited, she's going blading at the skating rink for her friends birthday party..
I drop her off at 650.. head off to Mellissa's for a facial girly night.. I had not long been there when I checked my phone to reveal 2 missed calls, one from a mobile number, the other from home. I rang Glenn.. He tell's me Nat's stacked it at skating, and they think she's broken her arm. I returned the call to the mobile number and there's no answer.. I head off to the rink and the number called me again. Told them i was on my way..
Get there she is sobbing!! Her wrist looks deformed a little and she can't move anything with out screaming. so we head to the hospital. which happens to be on the way home anyway lol
from 8pm - 130 we were at the hospital.
We only waited just over an hour and we were called in... the dr ordered an xray and we waited for him to return with results.
yep the wrist is broken, she needs to be sedated to re-set the bones (or it was a general anesthetic) so we went ahead with that.
The sound of the bones grinding together was the hardest part as a parent.
We had to wait until the sedative wore off, she had another xray (confirming the position of the bones) and then we could go..
Today she is ok.. not too much pain. Just getting used to not using her RIGHT hand LOL

1 comment: